What We Can Do For You
Island Estates Home Watch is dedicated to bringing you the best home watch service. Below, is a list of just some of the services that we can provide for you:
- Exterior check of grounds, landscape, pests, lawn and sprinklers.
- Visual check of outdoor light fixtures.
- Visual exterior check including roof, AC units, fence, mail box. Turn on water.
- Enter home, check security system.
Interior Inspection by Performing a Thorough Walk Through:
- Interior temp: Downstairs Upstairs Garage
- Check all windows and doors to insure they are locked and water tight.
- Visual check for signs of water damage, mold and mildew, including baseboards, ceilings, walls and floors.
- Cycle the water: flush toilets, run water in sinks (including garbage disposal), tubs and showers.
- Physically feel flex lines and drains for water all sinks, toilets, laundry sink.
- Run garbage disposal.
- Check the hot water heater – it must be turned off at circuit breaker when water main is off.
- Check for insects, pests and rodents.
- Short cycle dishwasher.
- Short cycle washing machine.
- Check closets and storage cabinets.
- Verify AC and de-humidistat settings; adjust as necessary.
- Test all smoke alarms.
- Check refrigerator, freezers and wine coolers for proper temp and operation.
- Make sure icemaker is in ‘Off’ position.
- Reset clocks after power outage.
- Check all lights, interior and exterior.
- Replace burned out bulbs.
- Check circuit breaker panels.
- Check garage and make sure door to garage is locked.
- Put out/take in trash as necessary.
Lanai and Pool Area
- Check water level and condition of water.
- Check equipment and Aqua Link System.
- Check screen door, screening and cage structure.
- Final departure “Look. Listen. Lock.”
- Enable security system, lock doors.
- Turn off hot water heater breaker.
- Turn off water supply.
If there is a Hurricane Watch and Homeowner selects Hurricane coverage:
- Take in lanai furniture if outside.
- Turn water, gas, electric off.
- Secure anything outside that could become airborne.
- Bring in potted plants if possible.
- Secure shutters.
When Hurricane Watch is over:
- Take out potted plants.
- Turn utilities back on.
- Take out lanai furniture if Homeowner leaves out.
- Put items back outside.
- Secure shutters.